A dark screen on Discord is a frustrating experience, but you can fix it easily. If your black screen keeps happening after updating Discord, here are some things to try that may help.
The “discord screen share not working mobile” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue is fixed by restarting the app.
Discord, as we all know, is a popular phone and desktop application with several functions. Normally, these issues do not occur, but when anything goes wrong, the program will show a black screen while you are streaming from it.
It might be caused by incorrect Discord settings or problems with graphic driver updates, but you can easily fix these.
What causes the black screen share issue in Discord?
This problem is typical when attempting to capture stream scenes, particularly on dual GPU PCs, and the cause of the glitch is that the Discord/app/screen you’re trying to cast is operating on distinct GPUs. The following are some of the possible reasons of a glitch:
Full Screen Mode: Streaming a full-screen application might result in a black screen when you attempt to do so in Discord.
Dissimilar permissions: This problem might occur if one of the apps has admin access while the others do not.
Using the Latest Technology option: There is a new configuration function called Latest Technologies that allows you to share the screen more effectively, however it might sometimes result in black screen difficulties.
Here are a few suggestions for resolving Discord screen sharing black screen difficulties.
How to Fix the Discord Black Screen Issue
Using Discord as an administrator
Permission conflicts may be used to overcome this sort of problem. All you have to do now is try running Discord with admin rights to see if that addresses your issue. The steps are as follows:
- To begin, hit the Windows key and then type discord into the search box.
- Then choose Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click on discord.
- When you’re attempting to stream, make sure the software is running as an administrator, and then try to share your screen.
Disabling the settings for ‘Latest Technologies’
- To check whether your issue may be addressed, consider disabling the most recent technology option in Discord. The steps are as follows:
- To get started, open Discord and then go to the settings icon at the bottom of the left side.
- Then, on the left side, go to the voice and video area.
- Finally, scroll down and deselect the option to “Use our newest technology” to capture your screen.
Getting Rid of Discord’s Cache
If we delete our Discord cache and files, the application will have to redownload them and reject any files that are creating problems. The steps are as follows:
- To begin, hit Windows Key+R to open the Run box, then type percent app data percent and press enter.
- Delete the discord folder from the directory now.
- After that, repeat the procedure with percent localappdata percent and restart Discord.
Changing the mode to Windowed/Borderless
When we used to watch TV shows in full screen mode, it may result in dark screens.
To solve this problem, consider switching your software to a windowed/borderless mode so Discord can view and stream your screen.
Graphics Drivers Updating
If your graphics driver is out of current, it may create a variety of problems with applications, as well as slow down your PC’s performance. The steps are as follows:
- To open the Run prompt, hit Windows key + R, then type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- After that, scroll down until you find Display adaptors, which you may double-click to expand and see your graphics mode.
- Now, right-click on the graphics card and choose Update Driver from the drop-down menu.
Finally, choose Search automatically for updated drivers, and Windows will download and install the updates if they are available.
Your DNS and network settings should be reset.
This error might also be caused by a problem with the internet, which you can resolve by clearing the DNS cache. The steps are as follows:
- To get started, use Windows key+R, then type cmd and hit enter.
- Now run the following commands to restore the default DNS settings: ipconfig/renew
This might possibly be one of the reasons you’re having problems, since your Windows could have issues. Keep in mind that if you have any troubles with your OS, you should always upgrade to the most recent version of Windows. The steps are as follows:
- To go to Windows settings, click Windows key+ I and then pick Update and Security.
- If there are any updates available, install them and restart your computer.
Discord is being updated.
The issue may have been resolved in a recent version, however if you haven’t updated Discord, it might be the cause of this problem.
When you run Discord, use Ctrl+R, and it will restart, downloading any waiting updates and, most likely, fixing any black screen issues.
Hardware acceleration is disabled.
If you’re broadcasting on Discord in a Chrome window, Chrome’s hardware acceleration settings may cause the screen sharing black screen problem.
Here’s how to get things fixed.
Make sure that the hardware acceleration option is switched off in chrome:/settings/system.
If none of the above stated techniques have worked for you, the final alternative is to reinstall Discord. The steps are as follows:
- To access Task Manager, first right-click on the taskbar and pick it, or simply press ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’.
- Now, underneath it, you’ll see the Processes tab. Locate any ongoing Discord processes and end them by right-clicking and selecting End Process.
- Discord must be removed when all current Discord processes have been stopped. To do so, hit Windows key + X to bring up the fast access menu, then choose Apps and Features from the drop-down menu.
- Discord should be found on the list, and it should be uninstalled.
- Go to the Discord website and download the most recent version, then reinstall it on your PC. This is likely to resolve the Discord screen sharing black screen issue.
Discord Black Screen Share Issue – Final Verdict
These were the options for resolving the Discord Black screen sharing issue. We hope that these approaches will assist you in determining the cause of your Discord Black screen sharing.
If there is anything in this post that you don’t understand, or if you have any additional questions, please leave a comment below and we would be pleased to help you.
The “discord screen share black screen with audio” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many solutions to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix black screen sharing on Discord?
A: There is a bug within our Discord extension that causes it to sometimes not be visible. The only thing you can do at this point is wait for the issue to fix itself and try again or contact us for assistance!
Why is my Screenshare black on Discord?
A: The screenshare function on Discord is black because your game does not support screen sharing.
How do I fix Discord screen share glitch?
A: This is a glitch that happens when you are using the Discord screen share feature. What seems to happen when you call someone into your game, they can see themselves right in front of them without being able to actually move or do anything. The solution is simple and easy! Just click on Invite & put up the camera so its facing yourself from time-to-time for a few seconds.
- discord mobile screen share black screen
- discord screen share black screen netflix
- discord screen share not working iphone
- discord screen share loading forever
- discord screen share black screen crunchyroll