There is a way to stop Steam from opening on startup and it’s easy. This guide will show you how to do this in Windows 10.
The stop steam from opening on startup mac is a problem that has been present for a while. There are two ways to fix this issue, either by disabling Steam or by using the Terminal.
Steam is a fantastic and widely used gaming platform. Anyone who looks at the present condition of the platform would claim it is the world’s most successful gaming shop. You can buy games and even play games with pals online if you have a Steam account. Steam, on the other hand, works like most other applications in that it starts up as soon as your computer does. It’s because Steam is installed with the option to open on startup selected. Here’s how to stop Steam from starting up every time you turn on your computer.
Having applications running at startup may be a pain for some individuals. Especially if you have two or three of them ready to go at the same time. Is it affecting your system’s total boot time? Yes, it has a greater impact on people who use slower PCs with an HDD. For peace of mind and to keep things simple, it’s sometimes preferable to stop applications from starting upon startup. So, if you want to stop Steam from starting up automatically, keep reading to find out how.
How to Prevent Steam from Starting Up When You Turn On Your Computer
To stop Steam from starting up upon launch, there are three simple steps you may do. These techniques are simple to implement and shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes. To stop Steam from starting up at startup, you don’t need any third-party software.
Method 1: Using Steam, disable Steam at startup.
- Open Steam and check sure you’re running the most recent version.
- If you’re asked to sign in with your credentials, go ahead and do so.
- When Steam is open, go to the Steam menu in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- The Settings box will now appear, with a selection of settings to choose from.
- The Interface option on the left side of the window must be selected.
- You’ll see an option on the right side that says Run Steam When My Computer Starts.
- Simply uncheck the box and then press the OK button.
- When your computer boots up, Steam will no longer be running.
Method 2: Using the Settings App, disable Steam at startup.
- To access the Settings app, go to the Start Menu and choose it.
- Now that the Settings window is open, go to the left side and choose Apps.
- Click the Startup option while on the Apps page.
- A list of starting applications will now be shown to you. During startup, it will show which apps are enabled or disabled.
- Scroll through the app list until you come to Steam.
- When you’ve located it, just click the right-hand toggle to turn it off.
- You’ve now made it such that Steam doesn’t start up straight away when you boot up your computer.
Method 3: Using Task Manager, disable Steam upon startup.
This is one of the most effective and widely used methods for deactivating virtually any starting program on a Windows PC. The Task Manager will also show you whether or not the app’s starting behavior has had a significant effect on your system’s launch time. Here’s how to use the Task Manager to stop Steam from starting up.
- Use the shortcut key combination Ctrl+Shift+Escape to launch the Task Manager.
- When you hit all three keys at the same time, the Task Manager should appear immediately.
- Go ahead and choose the Startup tab now.
- When you start your system, you’ll get a list of all the applications that are enabled and deactivated, as well as any effect they may have made.
- Your system’s boot-up time will also be shown.
- Select Steam from the drop-down menu. Then, with a right-click, bring up the context menu.
- The Disable option will appear. Choose it.
- Steam will no longer run when your computer starts up if you deactivate it.
And there are the three options for stopping Steam from starting up on startup. The good news is that if you used any of the above ways to stop Steam from running at startup, you won’t need to use any of the other methods. You’re fine to go after you’ve deactivated it one way. Which of these methods did you find to be the most effective for disabling any active applications during startup? Tell us about it in the comments section.
Also look at:
The how to stop steam from opening on startup windows 7 is a common question that many people have been asking. Steam will automatically open on your computer when you turn it on. There are multiple ways to stop this from happening, but the most effective way is by disabling Steam in Windows settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does steam open on startup?
Steam is an application that runs on your computer and opens automatically when you start up your computer.
How do I stop steam from opening on startup Mac?
To stop Steam from opening on startup, go to System Preferences > Users & Groups. Click the lock icon in the bottom-right corner of the window and enter an administrator password to unlock it. Then click on Login Options and uncheck Open Steam when this user logs in.
How do I stop steam from running in the background?
You can either close the Steam application in the task manager, or you can go to your Steam folder and delete the following folders:
- how to stop steam from opening on startup windows 10
- how to stop steam from opening on startup mac 2021
- how to turn off steam auto-update
- how to stop discord from opening on startup
- how to stop steam from running in the background