Microsoft has released a new version of Windows, which includes mixed reality. This tutorial will show you how to use the Mixed Reality Portal app on Windows 10.
Windows 11 is the next version of Microsoft’s operating system. It will be released on October 17, 2018.
Vladimir Popescu’s contribution
Product Tester for Technology
Vladimir has a love for all things computer-related, having spent his whole life as an artist and playing professional handball. With a natural curiosity for study and analysis, and the realization that… Read more
- Using Windows 11’s Mixed Reality will provide you with hours of entertainment while exploring 3D worlds from the comfort of your own home.
- Keep in mind that utilizing Mixed Reality on Windows 11 will need the fulfillment of certain PC minimum requirements.
- You must verify that your computer detects the Mixed Reality headset in order for Mixed Reality to function correctly on Windows 11.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Microsoft just announced the introduction of the newest OS version, and people are becoming more eager to try out the new features.
We did some research and discovered that some of you are interested in learning how to activate and utilize Mixed Reality on Windows 11.
You should keep in mind that we don’t yet have any official word on whether the newest Microsoft OS supports this kind of extension or how the app will appear.
However, if you want to get yourself and your computer ready for the big reveal, we have some helpful suggestions that you should definitely consider.
Make sure you finish reading this post to get a comprehensive introduction to Mixed Reality on Windows 11 as well as the finest solutions to your queries.
How can I get Mixed Reality to work on Windows 11?
1. Verify that your computer matches the minimal system requirements.
Because the architecture of Windows 11 is so similar to that of Windows 10, Windows Mixed Reality will almost certainly need certain PC minimum requirements to function correctly.
In terms of Windows 10, the program could function optimally for most headsets if your PC has the following capabilities:
- AMD Ryzen 5, similar or superior, Intel Core i5, Intel Core i7, Intel Xenon E3-1240 v5, Intel Xenon E3-1240 v5, Intel Xenon E3-1240 v5, Intel Xenon E3-1240 v5, Intel Xenon E3-12
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, AMD Radeon RX 5700, or a similar or better graphics card
- Memory: 8 GB or more RAM
- 1 x 1.3 Display Port
- 1 × USB 3.0 Type-C port with power supply (or included power adapter)
- Update to Windows 10 in May 2019 or later
Consider the features listed above as a starting point for the upcoming Windows 11 announcement.
Of course, you can learn more about the system requirements for Windows Mixed Reality by reading the Microsoft page.
We highly suggest visiting the Mixed Reality Portal, which is provided by the manufacturer, for additional information about this software.
2. Go to the Microsoft Store and download Mixed Reality.
Similar to prior OS versions, the Mixed Reality Portal for Windows 11 is available through the Microsoft Store. This is an ally that has previously shown its worth in the past.
3. Double-check that your computer detects the Mixed Reality headset.
- To begin, press the Start button.
- In the search box, type Device Manager and then choose it.
- Check to see whether your headset is listed under Mixed Reality devices.
To get the most out of Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 11, make sure your computer recognizes the headset you’re using. The simplest method is to follow the procedures outlined above.
3. Make changes to the settings
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Select Mixed Reality from the drop-down menu.
- Select App Settings from the menu.
This is how you go to the settings for the Mixed Reality Portal. As a result, you can only discover the general ones there. Continue reading this article to learn how to change specific settings.
4. Adjust the display on the Mixed Reality headset.
You may change the headset display to utilize Mixed Reality on Windows 11. You can get a better idea of what it implies by looking at the image below:
- You have the option of altering the visual quality.
- You may turn on or off positional tracking.
- Display resolution may also be changed for a more pleasant home experience.
- You may change the frame rate, but keep in mind that this may have an impact on your PC’s performance.
- Set an unique calibration to enhance the quality of your visuals.
- After a specific amount of time, you may put your headset into sleep mode.
5. Configure Mixed Reality’s startup and desktop.
When you use Mixed Reality on Windows 11, you’ll have a lot more control over the parameters of your VR experience.
As you can see in the image below, the newest OS has a plethora of Mixed Reality choices to choose from. As a result, consider the following:
- Choosing how you want to begin using the app
- Choosing a desktop view
- Switch the inputs as needed.
- Allow applications on Windows to utilize virtual displays.
6. Check for new information.
- From the taskbar, choose the Start button.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Choose Windows Update and then Check for Updates.
Even if we don’t have all of the details on the topic we’re discussing, we highly advise that you keep checking for updates. This option is unique in that it can address a wide range of problems.
As a result, utilizing Mixed Reality on Windows 11 should need fast and automatic upgrades from your operating system.
Based on what we currently know, Windows 11 will be released shortly with several amazing improvements that will enhance your virtual experience.
Typical Mixed Reality Error Messages
Mixed Reality, like any other software or application, may sometimes display unique problems. As a result, you’ll need to be ready for everything. The following is a list of the most often received messages:
- Check your USB cord — You’ll need to connect your headset to a separate USB port in this instance, and make sure it’s a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 cable. Another effective method is to disconnect any extenders or hubs between the headset and the computer.
- Check your display cable – If your adapter isn’t capable of 4K, you may try a different HDMI port.
- If anything goes wrong, you should go through the troubleshooting procedures.
More information about running Mixed Reality on Windows 11 may be found here.
Mixed Reality may offer you a mix of digital and real dimensions thanks to its sophisticated technology combinations.
Using human-computer interaction, the perspective of perception, and conventional reality, Mixed Reality creates a merger of the person, the computer, and the environment.
This software provides a one-of-a-kind experience based on cutting-edge sensors and processing that will undoubtedly alter your virtual viewpoint.
It’s worth noting that the most amazing Windows Mixed Reality experiences may be created using two different kinds of devices. As a result, you must consider the following:
- Holographic gadgets are those that have the capacity to place digital material in the actual environment as if it were there.
- The immersive gadgets, on the other hand, are distinguished by their capacity to generate a feeling of presence. As a result, the real world is concealed and replaced with a digital experience.
We hope this tutorial clears up any confusion regarding how to set up Mixed Reality on Windows 11. We’ll be sure to update the information as soon as Microsoft makes the announcement.
For individuals who liked the previous OS version but want to try the new one, we suggest looking at some of the new features and comparing Windows 10 with Windows 11.
Please do not hesitate to leave a remark in the area below if you have any further queries.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
Other Contact an Expert if there aren’t enough details or if you’re having trouble understanding anything.
Start a discussion.
Mixed Reality is a new platform that was released by Microsoft in 2018. This platform allows users to use Virtual and Augmented reality on the Windows 11 operating system. Reference: windows mixed reality download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Oculus work on Windows 11?
Yes, Oculus works on Windows 11.
How do I enable Windows mixed reality?
To enable Windows Mixed Reality, you must first download the free Windows 10 October 2018 update from the Microsoft Store. After installing, open Settings and search for Windows Mixed Reality to find it under Devices.
How do you use a mixed reality portal?
A mixed reality portal is a device that allows you to enter virtual worlds and interact with them in real life. It can be used for many different purposes, such as learning about the solar system or playing games.
- virtual desktop streamer windows 11
- windows mixed reality headset
- windows 11 oculus link